Hi! This blog is basically dedicated to Indie music, consisting of reviews and random thoughts that come up. Take a look around, listen to some tunes on the Last.fm widget on the sidebar, and maybe expand a few musical horizons.

Last Played Tracks

05 September 2008

okay

So I haven't posted anything for a while, while I've listened to a goodish bit of music. In terms of new stuff I've basically listened to a lot of Belle & Sebastian, which I got from Wilson, my roommate. I'd listened to them before, but for some reason never did really become that interested, but that happens with bands now and then. Belle & Sebastian is basically twee pop at its best, it's very mellow, quite happy at occasions, and songs like 'for the price of a cup of tea' just make me want to dance.

Belle & Sebastian is probably one of the best bands from Scotland ever, but have about zero visibility in mainstream music even though, as my roommate mentioned, they would be perfect for radio.

I've also been listening to a playlist I put together, composed of generally unhappy music. It's definitely not "emo" though, and I titled it "wistful" just cause that's all I could think of, so I don't really know what it is. I'm pretty good at putting together these sorts of playlists, and I like listening to them, so whatever. It's not like I'm unhappy, I just like it. I can also listen to Calendar Girl just over and over too, which I did yesterday for a bit.

Wilson also gave me a bunch of different things. There seems to be a goodish bit of post rock, some gypsy/Eastern European music, and other things like Belle. I still don't understand how we listen to like mutually exclusive material, but there it is.

Also there is a new Stars EP available! It contains about 20 minutes of material and 6 tracks, one of which is a live version of 'Going, Going, Gone' from Nightsongs. I've been waiting for one ever since In Our Bedroom but didn't expect any new material so early. It's available here, in either digital or physical format. I bought an actual CD, but it's not shipping til the 16th. I also got a $5 shirt and a glow in the dark poster, so that should be exciting. Stars is definitely my favorite band, so I'll gladly buy CDs and merch to support them. I actually haven't heard the new material aside from some 30 sec previews, but it sounds like it should be good. BUY IT.

kay I think that's about it for now. I'm sure I forgot something.

No comments:

No Clean Feed