Hi! This blog is basically dedicated to Indie music, consisting of reviews and random thoughts that come up. Take a look around, listen to some tunes on the Last.fm widget on the sidebar, and maybe expand a few musical horizons.

Last Played Tracks

22 September 2008

iTunes

Well it seems like I've stopped using iTunes completely. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out because I've used iTunes for just about the whole time I've listened to music, even though I don't have an iPod or anything. It had a nice layout and playlists were nice, and I'll probably miss being able to listen to other people's music (not that it was usually very good), but reduced sound quality really isn't that great. And it's not just some indistinguishable difference either (Like what kinds of cables or small differences in bitrate), because I've used iTunes, then switched to the Last.fm player and thought that it sounded better, BEFORE I heard about the reduced sound quality of iTunes.

Anyways, I figured out how to organize libraries using Foobar, so now I'll just use that for all of my tasks. Window Media Player is simply terrible, because it doesn't read ID3v2.3 tags correctly, so that obviously doesn't work for me. Also, it doesn't organize very well, though it DOES have the ability to transfer music to my mp3 player, which is as shame since the tags don't work despite WMP claiming they do.

The new Stars EP is exceedingly good (especially since I've been waiting for a new album for a looooong time). I've listened to it for 259 times in the last 2 days or something, and I'm still not sick of it. Maybe I should do another experiment with just 1 album for a week.

No comments:

No Clean Feed