Hi! This blog is basically dedicated to Indie music, consisting of reviews and random thoughts that come up. Take a look around, listen to some tunes on the Last.fm widget on the sidebar, and maybe expand a few musical horizons.

Last Played Tracks

06 September 2008

her name is Yoshimi


She has a blackbelt in karate. Okay, Wilson was talking about how he wanted to mix this old-school rap song and Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt 1 by The Flaming Lips, which I had heard many years ago (when pluto was still a planet). I didn't really like the song then, since I had about 0 musical taste and I thought it was weird, but when Wilson played it I basically fell in love with it. I haven't really listened to the rest of the album, since Yoshimi is the 3rd song and I can't get past it, so I've listened to this song about 30 times already and it hasn't been a day.

Sooo yeah I like this song. So I drew it on the mirror, which is our room's way of leaving notes to each other. It's a very happy sounding song, though it's supposed to be about cancer or something. Isn't that odd?

No comments:

No Clean Feed