Hi! This blog is basically dedicated to Indie music, consisting of reviews and random thoughts that come up. Take a look around, listen to some tunes on the Last.fm widget on the sidebar, and maybe expand a few musical horizons.

Last Played Tracks

20 June 2008

the window is the door

MaritimeSometimes you just need something for when you're in a slump, and Maritime seems to work perfectly for dark days. Brand New is also pretty good for misery, but I think Maritime makes you feel better. While the later albums are faster paced and more aggressive, I think Glass Floor is an excellently built album for when you're lying in bed. And the album artwork is great!
I don't think Maritime is very well known (even in indie circles), though they definitely deserve to be. The new album (Heresy and the Hotel Choir) is also more popular, and has twice the Pitchfork rating as Glass Floor, but I'm still partial to the latter because it is more coherent and has better songs, in my opinion. The new album does have good songs, though I think Be Unhappy should be in Glass Floor because it's more similar to that material. Anyways if you're depressed about something I do recommend listening to Maritime.

No comments:

No Clean Feed