Hi! This blog is basically dedicated to Indie music, consisting of reviews and random thoughts that come up. Take a look around, listen to some tunes on the Last.fm widget on the sidebar, and maybe expand a few musical horizons.

Last Played Tracks

06 June 2008

shit

It's been more than a month since my last post, since I guess I just totally forgot about this.
anyways I've been listening to a lot, though the number of artists is limited.

My last.fm pretty much illustrates that. I listened to quite a bit of Okkervil River for a week or two (about 700 plays, just on itunes), then waaaay too much (about 1000 plays) Modest Mouse. Not the new stuff, mind. At the expense of sounding pretentious, the old stuff (Lonesome Crowded West, and Building Nothing Out Of Something) is much better.

Recently I've been listening to some more ambient/instrumental stuff, like 65daysofstatic. I was a bit skeptical about instrumental music at first, cause by definition there aren't really words... But after listening to this I've realized it's really good. While it may not be as good when you're just listening to music (debatable), it's still very good in the background when you're working.

Uhhh right now I'm listening to Yeasayer, and I've got a Deerhunter album in the queue (is that how it's fucking spelled?). Yeasayer is described as experimental, and I guess that's the general direction I've sorta been headed. There have definitely been a lot of instruments in my recent musical selections. I also listened to Sigur Rós, Múm, and Oceansize along with the 65dos.

Ehh Lauren's been to a lot of concerts that I'm pretty jealous of. The National, Modest Mouse, 65dos, SSLYBY, and probably other stuff that I can't remember right now. There's nothing playing in Tallahassee that I'm interested in, except Portugal. The Man, but they're coming when I'm going to be out of town.

Also I've decided that Stars is good drunk music. Don't ask me why, because I don't really know myself, but it just sounds like it would be excellent while drunk. Same with Brand New. Stars has some magical quality that's hard to describe. I'd say it invokes a wistful feeling, but that's not the whole picture. Just listen to it yourselves and maybe you can relate. Brand New basically encourages you to get drunk. No need to analyze much deeper.

I'm sure there are more musical adventures I've been on in the past month, but that's about it for now. I'll try to write more often.

No comments:

No Clean Feed