Hi! This blog is basically dedicated to Indie music, consisting of reviews and random thoughts that come up. Take a look around, listen to some tunes on the Last.fm widget on the sidebar, and maybe expand a few musical horizons.

Last Played Tracks

27 June 2008

so tired

Sort of a change in the routine cause I'm not going to be talking exclusively about music this post. I just got back from Preview (college orientation), and while the actual Preview sucked, the rest of the time was pretty good. Driving was pretty boring, but I listened to Modest Mouse there and back in the car. When I got there I hung out with Ethan and toured the town for a bit. We got some coffee at Maude's and I listened to people talk about bicycles, which seem to be pretty fucking intense.

Theeeeen I went with Ethan to the 2nd Street Bakery I think it was called, and chilled there for a bit. Then off to dinner at the Buddha Belly, which had pretty amazing curry in huge portions. Apparently their spicy isn't really all that spicy. After that we went to a bicycle repair place Ethan volunteers at called The Kickstand, in some sketchy part of town. While I didn't know much terminology about bicycles, the process of watching them fix bikes was pretty cool. I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend some time there in the Fall.

Blaaaaah blah blah (stuff about preview) wasn't really exciting. Our staff member was from Sarajevo and was pretty funny and helpful, so it wasn't absolutely terrible, and I knew some people (I hung out mostly with Allan and Binita). Ethan gave a lot of advice about classes and scholarships and stuff, as he's also majoring in Biochem. So I'm pretty set with scheduling and I've got lots of opportunities, though I want to get out of the humanities class I'm in right now. If not it's not a big deal, but it seems sorta boring.

The next night I was going to sneak out and go to a concert with Ethan, but it ended up that he hurt himself and couldn't go. Which was probably for the better because I had to drive back today after the final Preview day, and I was already really tired.

Anyways now I'm really looking forward to both academics and ...nonacademics at college, since the culture around UF seems pretty cool. There's a lot of organic/vegan stuff and neat sketchy places around, places worth exploring, and really cool people. It's pretty awesome because I'll be hanging out with all sorts of people, like friends in Hume, Lauren, Ethan, and a lot of decent people I met the last few days. And I'll be dividing my time between studying, partying, bikes, and who knows what else (I mean that in a completely clean way, meaning there are lots of cool things to do besides partying). As I discussed with Allan, going from high school to college is probably the most important and liberating step in your life. In no other time will you gain more freedom. No parents and curfew (take that as you will, and please be responsible), no 7 hour blocks of school, and you'll have lots of time to do new things. So I think people should really have as many memorable experiences as possible. I'm sure I will.

No comments:

No Clean Feed