Hi! This blog is basically dedicated to Indie music, consisting of reviews and random thoughts that come up. Take a look around, listen to some tunes on the Last.fm widget on the sidebar, and maybe expand a few musical horizons.

Last Played Tracks

19 March 2008

wah!

A lot of new stuff I've been listening to: Beirut, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Books, Built To Spill, Mates of State, Modest Mouse, Say Hi, Seabear, Taken By Trees, Tilly and the Wall, etc. And that's just the stuff I like. A lot of US stuff, which is different, I guess. Seabear is Icelandic and Taken By Trees is Swedish though.

The best thing though is probably an older The Decemberists album, Picaresque. I thought it would be random like Her Majesty, which had songs about chimbley sweeps and stuff, but it wasn't. I think it's at least equal to The Crane Wife, if not better. They ARE different, though, so comparisons don't work out that well. Picaresque has lots of good songs and I especially like The Bagman's Gambit.

No comments:

No Clean Feed