Hi! This blog is basically dedicated to Indie music, consisting of reviews and random thoughts that come up. Take a look around, listen to some tunes on the Last.fm widget on the sidebar, and maybe expand a few musical horizons.

Last Played Tracks

02 March 2008

massive update.

So I haven't posted in a while because I've been sorta (not really) busy, but I've been listening to some new stuff from Amie Street, mostly indie - ish things. The Double, which is pretty obscure, has some decent songs, and is compared to Wolf Parade and Animal Collective on last.fm, an interesting combination. I've also listened to some art rock by Oceansize, and it's a refreshing change, though I probably won't get very into it. While I can listen to and even like different genres for brief periods, I usually can't listen to them for extended periods.

Anyways the coolest thing I've been listening to is Sigur Rós, yet another Icelandic band that's similar to Múm. They have a very soothing effect, and Sigur Rós describes themselves as "slow motion rock", a fitting label. Not only are they Icelandic (and automatically cool), but they also sing in "Hopelandic" sometimes, which is from what I gather a fictional language. How fucking cool is that? If you're interested a good song is Hoppípolla (jumping into puddles), and it's even been covered by We Are Scientists, who are very unlike Sigur Rós.

No comments:

No Clean Feed