Hi! This blog is basically dedicated to Indie music, consisting of reviews and random thoughts that come up. Take a look around, listen to some tunes on the Last.fm widget on the sidebar, and maybe expand a few musical horizons.

Last Played Tracks

13 February 2008

Someone Still Loves You

So basically Lauren convinced me to listen to more music, even though I am supposed to be on a ban for new music. I'm pretty happy I did, because Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin (yes, very long name) is really good. I got the album "Broom". I haven't looked into their biography much, but their music is excellent. It sounds a bit like Voxtrot mixed with a little of the accoustic guitars of Okkervil River. The end result is a warm, tuneful product that flows well in their relatively short (maybe I'm just used to 8 minute long trippy stuff) songs. That's not saying that it just goes by without anything to remember the songs by. Anna Lee is a very good song, and Anne Elephant has wailing in it. Wailing.
According to Lauren the next album is not allowed to be called "Mop".
how unfortunate.

No comments:

No Clean Feed