Hi! This blog is basically dedicated to Indie music, consisting of reviews and random thoughts that come up. Take a look around, listen to some tunes on the Last.fm widget on the sidebar, and maybe expand a few musical horizons.

Last Played Tracks

10 February 2008

Okkervil River

So there's quite an indie scene in Austin, Texas, apparently. The first I heard about it was Eisley, a while ago. Then Voxtrot came around, and now Okkervil River. idk how it came about, but Lauren mentioned how much she liked the band and sent me a track, so I got some of their albums, and they're really good. Lots of accoustic guitars, sorta like Neutral Milk Hotel. They're material is diversified and thoughtful, not focusing on love, or death, or whatever. For example, Westfall is about a guy who killed a girl, The War Criminal Rises and Speaks is about a fictional lieutenant who massacred a village in a war, and so on. The guitars make it sorta folkish, but it's not so folky that it would turn people off.
I've definitely got too much new music right now, so I'm not going to get more for a while. I'll probably write some stuff about the other stuff I haven't written about yet.
ugh.

No comments:

No Clean Feed