Hi! This blog is basically dedicated to Indie music, consisting of reviews and random thoughts that come up. Take a look around, listen to some tunes on the Last.fm widget on the sidebar, and maybe expand a few musical horizons.

Last Played Tracks

29 January 2009

mmm

Revisiting the Canadians. I've got to say I'm pretty impressed. When I first became interested in music, I started with Stars, and found awesome stuff like BSS and Metric. Then I sorta lost focus from Canada, and started exploring stuff in the US as well.

Dear lord Canada produces good music. The US has got to be full of stupids to think that Canada is backwards. Oh wait the US *IS* full of stupids. I think I'll end up in Canada eventually because the music is awesome and I loved Canada from what I saw of it.

Anyways I've listened to a few new bands recently. Of course, I ended up listening to a bunch of Stars again, go figure. I've now got >5000 plays recorded. New Stuff: Apostle of Hustle and Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton. Both are pretty closely connected with Broken Social Scene, since Andrew Whiteman and Emily Haines are at least part time members. The Emily Haines is mostly solo stuff which is much more toned down from Metric and involves a lot of piano, which is nice. I'm still in my initial listen to AoH, so I'll keep you guys updated. All I know is that it's pretty damn good.

No comments:

No Clean Feed